Our Velvet Melt Cleansing Balm is a balm-to-milk formula that will deeply cleanse skin and leave it velvety soft and radiant. We’ve always said that flawless skin starts with the basics and that means keeping your skin as clean as possible.
Let’s face it our skin has a lot to deal with every single day: be it the pollution from our trips into the city, mud and dirt from spending time out in the field, through to when we cover our skin in a layer of make-up or the sweat and grime from time spent in the gym. And if that wasn’t enough, did you know that we excrete toxins through our skin? That’s why that heavy night out at the weekend shows up on your skin a few days later! Even if you’re sat there thinking – no none of that applies to me, just think of every time you’ve touched your face and where your hands were before that…..
Good conditioned skin is clean skin. Clean skin rejuvenates and repairs itself and allows topical products such as serums and moisturisers to work that much better. In a perfect world, you should clean your skin every morning and night.
• High in Omega 6, Apricot butter* is anti-inflammatory and softens skin
• The gentle properties of Calendula* infused Sunflower oil* naturally calms irritation and reduces the signs of fine lines.
• Crambe Seed* oil & Camelina* oil are both excellent are pore cleansing and great at helping to reduce pores. Both of these British crop oils also help brighten skin & improve elasticity.
• Vitamin E is an anti-oxidant and helps balance sebum production for oily areas.
• Hyperpigmentation busting Castor Oil is also excellent at lifting impurities from the skin.
• Bisabolol is a powerful plant active that comes from chamomile. It calms redness so is great for conditions such as rosacea. It also stimulates collagen production and inhibits the melanin production that’s responsible for age spots.
* English Oils
How to use our Velvet Melt Cleansing Balm for the ultimate spa-like treat?
- Using dry fingers or a dry spatula, scoop out a little balm and melt onto the skin. In the cold winter months, you may want to melt the balm in-between your fingers first. Melting the decadent buttery balm will turn into into an oil.
- Massage the luxurious oil in small circular motions around your face and neck to to remove dirt, grime, make-up and dissolve sunscreen.
- [This step is optional for when you have time set aside for a pamper – skip to step 4 for every day cleansing]. Leave the melted balm on your skin for up to 20 mins for an extra deep clean and to get the best nourishment from the omega rich oils. Recommended once a week for very dry skins.
- Add warm water onto your skin until a milk forms. This emulsifies the oil to really lift off all the impurities from the skin.
- Soak a gentle soft damp cloth or flannel in hand hot water to remove all traces of the cleanser
- There is no need to add a toner but if that’s something you can’t live without, our 12 Bore Boost Mist would be the perfect partner.
- Your skin will have a velvety softness and will be perfectly balanced.
- Follow with your normal moisturiser or serum.
- The colour of each batch may vary due to the natural ingredients we use.
- We have formulated this balm to be completely preservative free to keep it as natural and as gentle as possible. Therefore, ensure you never add water into your jar, never use wet fingers and keep the lid on when not in use.
Luxury skincare doesn’t have to be unfriendly to the environment. We believe we’ve gone the extra mile with our Velvet Melt Restoring Cleanser by ditching the original outer box and giving you, our customer a choice of purchasing options.
For those of you who have opted for our drawstring bag option; cotton is a 100% sustainable, long lasting resource that will completely biodegrade quickly and safely (without emitting harmful gases like plastic). We are sure you’ll reuse your drawstring bag for many years to come but when you’re done with it, tear it up or shred it and put straight onto your compost or heap.
Our optional organic cotton & bamboo muslin cloths can be used for years as they wash beautifully well. Wash at 40°C in your normal wash regularly. Using a washable cloth stops disposable wipes and cotton wool pads from ending up in landfill.